Ruthie Christie has a passion for making work purposeful. She has worked since the age of 12 in all kinds of jobs: Restaurants, retail, direct sales, consulting, health care, child care, and education, to name a few. Ruthie knows what it’s like to be part of an elite team in an awesome workplace culture and what it’s like when everything about your job stinks and all the in-between. Currently, Ruthie combines her love of making new friends with her background in industrial-organizational psychology to lead the Pensacola Young Professionals as Executive Director (and sole employee).Not-work-related, Ruthie loves to read, garden, and be outside with her Golden Retriever, Daisy, and her awesome boyfriend, Zach. Other Fun facts: She’s been skydiving three times, she was obsessed with Broadway in high school, and she loves to snowboard (yeah, the girl who grew up in Florida).
Favorite Personal Resources:
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin (podcast)
- The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach (or anything by him, really)
Favorite Professional Resources:
- Business e-newsletter: The Morning Brew. So informative, nonpartisan, easy-to-read and links to lots of interesting sources.
- The Great Employee Handbook by Quint Studer (I know, I know it sounds like a plug for our sponsor, but this book actually changed the way I view myself at work.)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown. Every time I have a new role, I go back to this book and get something different out of it.