Greater Pensacola Chamber of Commerce Marketing Intern
The Greater Pensacola Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based organization of citizens who invest time and money into a community development program – working together to improve the economic, civic, and cultural well-being of the area.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Communications Intern is a part-time, paid role. The Communications Intern is tasked with assisting the Chamber staff. The Communications intern will gain experience in creating layout and content for weekly and monthly newsletters, managing social media content, and assisting with internal and external communications from the Chamber.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in planning and creating content for daily social media posts;
• Assists in maintaining the organization’s website;
• Creates layouts and graphics for marketing brochures and flyers using Adobe and Canva programs;
• Assists in creating weekly and monthly newsletters;
• Assists in managing external communication and contacts in Constant Contact.
MINOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets visitors and answers phone calls as needed;
• Assists with other tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Candidate working towards a degree in marketing, communications, or graphic design preferred. Basic graphic design skills and familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva and InDesign is preferred. Familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact is preferred.
Exercises discretion and diplomacy and keeps all records confidential. Ability to be a self-starter and manage tasks without supervision preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
Compensation: To be determined
How to Apply:
Please call (850) 438-4081
Greater Pensacola Chamber
890 S. Palafox St. Ste. 202 Pensacola FL 32502