PYP is the organization where people in their early career stages can find a place to belong, build a sense of competence about our community, and feel empowered to influence change in a positive direction. It takes dedicated, motivated individuals working together as a team to serve our members, our sponsors, and our community by planning and executing valuable programming and events.
Join Our Team
PYP Leaders are volunteers who give their time, talent, and other resources to elevate PYP and the Pensacola Bay area to the highest level possible.
- Board Members are expected to attend PYP Board meetings (once per month), Board retreats (twice per year), their assigned committee (bi-monthly), and PYP events and programs as available.
- All leaders are expected to proactively and enthusiastically engage with PYP members and potential members at our events and via communication channels; our goal is to ensure everyone feels a sense of welcome, voice, and belonging.
- All leaders are expected to stay informed of what’s happening across PYP and communicate all of our offerings to members, potential members, community members, and sponsors.
PYP Members in good standing who are dedicated to personal and professional development and who are passionate about catalyzing positive change in our community. If you are not a member and would like to become one in order to apply, please do so!
Applications are completed online by clicking the link below. Please complete the form and upload your resume by the deadline in order to be considered. Once your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person, 30-minute peer interview. The interview panel is compromised of PYP Directors, Leaders, and members. The interview is a chance to see if PYP is a good fit for you and if you are a good fit for PYP.
Changes for 2022-23!
If you’ve been with us for a minute, you may notice some changes to our leadership opportunities and programs. We’ve restructured our Board of Directors starting in 2022! We know changes can be hard but we’re excited for the new opportunities that these positions will open up for our leaders. Learn about what we did on our blog.
Our Board Structure
Board Director roles spend their time serving PYP by producing programs and events for our organization. Board Executive Committee roles sit on our strategic steering committee (Executive Committee) and help align our programs with the overall mission and strategic plan. Additionally, our VPs chair our 3 standing committees.
Submit Your Application
Submit your application by the deadline to be considered for any of our positions. We’ll follow up to schedule your peer interview once applications close.
We’ll conduct peer interviews with a panel comprised of PYP leaders and members to ask you some behavior-based questions. This is an opportunity for us to get to know you as much as it is for you to get to know us.
Once the panel makes a decision you’ll receive a call with the results. If you’re offered a position, we invite you to join us at our next board meeting where we’ll vote to make it official.
The board will vote to accept your nomination to our team. While we invite you to join us, you’ll be asked to step out of the room while we discuss and vote. After this meeting, we’ll reach out with next steps on your transition. We can’t wait to get started with you!
Leadership Positions typically open in January/February unless an opening mid-year occurs. Vacant positions will be updated below as necessary.
Open Leadership Positions
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing will take a leading role in organizing regular marketing and general brand awareness of the organization to the public and prospective members.
The duties of the Director of Marketing include:
- Create and schedule regular social media, email, video, and blog content to support ongoing PYP programs, events, and general brand awareness.
- Work with the VP of Strategic Communication to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Serve on the Communications Committee (Meets on the 4th Monday of Even Months: Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec*)
The application for 2022-23 Board and Leadership roles is now closed! Check back in the future for upcoming opportunities.