Application & Job Descriptions
WHY is PYP leadership important? PYP is the organization where people in their early career stages can find a place to belong, build a sense of competence about our community, and feel empowered to influence change in a positive direction. It takes dedicated, motivated individuals working together as a team to serve our members, our sponsors, and our community by planning and executing valuable programming and events.
WHAT does being a PYP Leader entail? PYP Leaders are volunteers who give their time, talent, and other resources to elevate PYP and the Pensacola Bay area to the highest level possible.
- Board Members are expected to attend PYP Board meetings (once per month), Board retreats (twice per year), and PYP events, programs, workshops, and committee meetings, as available.
- All leaders are expected to proactively and enthusiastically engage with PYP members and potential members at our events and via communication channels; our goal is to ensure everyone feels a sense of welcome, voice, and belonging.
- All leaders are expected to stay informed of what’s happening across PYP and communicate all of our offerings to members, potential members, community members, and sponsors.
WHO should apply for a leadership position? PYP Members in good standing who are dedicated to personal and professional development and who are passionate about catalyzing positive change in our community. If you are not a member and would like to become one in order to apply, please do so!
HOW to apply: Applications are completed online by clicking the link below. Please complete the form and upload your resume by the deadline in order to be considered. Once your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person, 30-minute peer interview. The interview panel is compromised of PYP Directors, Leaders, and members. The interview is a chance to see if PYP is a good fit for you and if you are a good fit for PYP.
Applications are Currently Closed
Leadership applications typically open in February and March for positions beginning April unless vacancies are eligible to be refilled mid-year. Let us know if you'd like to get involved and we'll let you know if any positions become available or what other opportunities we have.
- Work with VP of Marketing to help oversee the marketing plan for the organization as well as work with other leaders to promote ongoing events throughout the year.
- Assists VP of Marketing with:
- Social media posting and communication through all social media channels
- Social media posting plan
- Creating graphics for digital and print use
- Development and administration of marketing campaigns
- Creates and posts all events to social media
- The person in this role will first assist and eventually own aspects of the Marketing Team’s responsibilities.