You’ll see the job description below, but the two most important things about this job are Energy and Connectedness. Having a passion for telling the Waterfront story is key!
Waterfront Rescue Mission Job Description
Job Title: Public Relations Associate
Department: Public Relations & Development
Reports To: Sr. Vice President of Public Relations & Development
Position Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Sr. Vice President of Public Relations & Development, arranges Public Relations efforts, including event planning and establishing and maintaining community and church relations. Manages the volunteer program, including planning, recruitment, orientation, training, management, and appreciation throughout the Waterfront Rescue Mission system. Manages Waterfront Rescue Mission social media outlets. Performs all reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Works with staff of Public Relations & Development Department and other Mission divisions to plan on-site and off-site promotional events to raise awareness in the Mission’s geographic areas.
- Maintains updated Speakers Bureau list and schedules speaking engagements.
- Schedules and promotes tours of Mission sites.
- With assistance from the Community Relations Specialist, coordinates volunteer activities including initial contact, scheduling, coordination, and ongoing participation monitoring.
- Screens and refers prospective volunteers for assignments based on the volunteer skills, interests, talents, and program needs.
- Conducts volunteer orientations to acquaint volunteers with programs, volunteer guidelines, roles and responsibilities, and pertinent job descriptions.
- Coordinates with all divisions to determine volunteer opportunities and actively seeks individual and group volunteers from the community.
- Evaluates the effective use of volunteers in each capacity utilized within the Mission.
- Enters and maintains volunteer records in database with assistance of the Community Relations Specialist.
- Maintains volunteer applications and documentation for all locations.
- Updates and implements volunteer policies and procedures as needed.
- Organizes volunteer appreciation efforts.
- Leads efforts to coordinate volunteers for annual Thanksgiving and Christmas Banquets.
- Initiates regular communication with churches in Mission areas.
- Initiates and leads efforts to build awareness among businesses, churches, and organizations in communities of all Mission sites through regular communication.
- Manages designated Mission social media outlets.
- Updates website.
- Communicates regularly with media, including handling media inquiries.
- Photographs and videos various Mission events.
- Some travel may be necessary for events, training, and temporary duty.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Christian Commitment: Must exemplify and model Christian behaviors and values and possess high levels of ethics, honesty, and character. Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and be insurable by the WRM’s insurance carrier.
Required to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day (alternate holiday provided for those who must work on holidays)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to engage, facilitate and present to groups of people in public settings.
- Must be able to multi-task and work “on the go.”
- Must possess high energy and good socialization skills.
- Must work well with a team and be a self-starter with excellent time-management skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to lead creative promotional efforts.
- Must possess the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must possess the ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Must possess the ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Must have working knowledge of basic social media outlets, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must possess basic computer and typing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferred basic experience in either Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe InDesign.
- Must have regular attendance on the job.
- Must support the goals of the Mission.
- Must have the ability to form effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, staff members, the board of directors, and the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Depth perception. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and must be able to manipulate office equipment. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Public Relations Associate will work in a fast paced, multi-challenged environment – high energy and the ability to work with many others throughout the day should be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment varies based upon the job function being performed at the time.
How to Apply
Go to https://waterfrontmission.org/contact/employment/ and look for the listing for Public Relations Associate, and further instructions will be on the page.