Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Department: Pathways for Change
Reports To: PFC COO
Approved By: CEO, Connie Bookman
Approved Date: TBD
“Changing Lives…. Reducing Crime…..Building Futures”
Statement of Need
We are seeking a highly dynamic and passionate Marketing Specialist, ready to join our team in the pursuit of life transformation for our clients.
The WHY of Pathways For Change
Located in Pensacola, Florida, Pathways For Change (PFC) was established as a change-maker in the Northwest Florida region. PFC is committed to our clients and our community. Human transformation is our business; Pathways for Change saves people from the destructive lifestyle too often perpetuated by poverty, abuse of alcohol and other drugs, and lack of education.
Our Core Values
Faith– We believe that it is not about us, it is about God’s leadership.
Commitment – We show love and compassion for each other and those we serve, as we make a difference in our community.
Communication – We practice daily, the vital sharing and understanding of information in a safe and nurturing environment.
Integrity – We deliver transparency in our organization, earning trust and respect.
Hope – We believe that every life is a life worth saving.
Stewardship – We make wise and responsible decisions regarding all that we have been given.
Excellence – We deliver excellence through personal responsibility, accountability and continuous improvement.
What We Do
Pathways For Change (PFC) is a faith based 501(3)c nonprofit that offers an extraordinary continuum of services that include prevention, intervention, treatment and aftercare in the battle against substance abuse and generational poverty. Our organization has three different entities that function at different levels in solving the problems in these areas.
- Our Family Center offers a variety of services that help those who are suffering lift themselves out of dire lifestyles. These services include Mental Health counseling, substance abuse treatment, Vocational Training and Education.
- Our Men’s Residential Treatment program is a sentencing option for the Escambia County Court system and offers intensive substance abuse treatment in a therapeutic community setting.
- The Clinton Cox Residence is a 12-bedroom transitional facility for Women Veterans suffering from homelessness, trauma and substance abuse.
The Marketing Specialist plans and executes marketing strategies and campaigns in support of PFC initiatives and business goals. The Marketing Specialist is accountable for ensuring that all marketing efforts effectively promote the PFC brand and for the development of a marketing strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of the strategy and key performance indicators. While the Marketing Specialist plans will serve in the traditional roles described above, this position will require flexibility and adaptability consistent with the ever changing marketing trends and needs of a high growth nonprofit organization. As such, potential additional responsibilities include fundraising, grant writing, and serving as community liaison for the organization.
Development of Marketing and Social Media Strategies to Support Functional Goals and Initiatives.
- Apply marketing and advertising best practices, principles, and industry trends to ensure effective processes and quality controls are integrated in marketing and social media campaigns
- Translate the marketing plan and strategy into workflow production steps to manage the process to generate and deliver content in accordance with the marketing calendar and budget
- Collaborates with the Executive Team and PFC Directors to create integrated plans and assess programs across all marketing, email, print media, and social media channels
- Identifies appropriate mix of marketing channels to maximize Return on Investments across all campaigns
- Leads the coordination of cross-program initiatives to ensure marketing efforts are leveraged with consistent messaging in marketing and social media campaigns
- Manages the creative and strategic insights towards development of marketing and social media strategies and tactics to build/engage audiences and increase membership reach through all media/platforms
- Conduct quality control reviews throughout marketing campaign lifecycles to ensure deadlines and process steps are executed on-time and without error
- Leads the creation of tactical strategies using insights, search engine optimization (SEO) and user experience input to guide executable programs
- Utilize our Google Ad Words Grant and other SEM tactics
- Manages and oversees the strategic vision on behalf of, or in collaboration with PFC Directors and Executive Team
- Lead small initiatives or participate in portions of complex marketing projects with guidance from the Executive Team
- Serve as PFC’s resident social media expert
- Performs other related duties as assigned or appropriate
- Remain up-to-date with al PFC related Programs and events.
Manages the day-to-day execution of all marketing and social media activities.
- Serves as social media advocate and community outreach specialist for dialogues/conversations and evaluations to increase awareness of the PFC brand
- Administers all paid advertising through social media and print media
- Builds and grows relationships with vendors, donors, agencies, leadership team, and other business units
- Drives creativity and publication of content and ensures a stable stream of content is contributed to PFC email, print, and social media channels
- Monitors and tracks all external and internal marketing and social media events to ensure consistency of messaging and adherence to PFC guidelines, processes, and procedures
Minimum Applicant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, marketing, communications)
- Working experience and creativity with social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and knowledge of web and graphic design development
- Experience or working knowledge of marketing principles including branding, promotions, direct marketing, and business strategies
- Basic knowledge of marketing research and analysis techniques used to create product marketing plans
- Demonstrated experience showing strategic and creative social media insights and development skills with ability to influence, persuade and build consensus
- Ability to manage multiple projects, resolve conflicting requests, meet changing requirements and priorities, and accomplish marketing goals
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and word processing applications
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills including the ability to interact with various internal and external contacts
- Strong knowledge of all marketing approaches (traditional, new media, guerilla, and word-of-mouth)
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and present to any audience in clear, concise language to technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for the mission and values of Pathways for Change
- Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work on various projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Committed to exploring new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems
- SEM knowledge
- Proficiency in web and graphic design development
Preferred Applicant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- 3+ years of marketing related experience
- 3+ years of experience in a nonprofit setting
- In-depth understanding of Pathways for Change services, as well as the local community and the unique challenges and opportunities available
- Strong working knowledge of SEO and HTML methodologies and applications, and content design in the social media space
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
How to Apply
Are you looking for a great community organization to put your marketing abilities to work for? Pathways for Change offers a great work culture, the ability help your community, and a fulfilling job. Please see the job description below, and if you think you are a good fit, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org