Communications Coordinator @ Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
The Communications Coordinator of the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee is a full-time position. This position requires an energetic, independent, self-starter, organized and a service-oriented individual who sees every moment of communication, in both positive and negative situations, as an opportunity to share the love of Christ with others. Applicant should have a strong desire to find creative ways of spreading the Gospel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Graphic Design preferred
- 2 years previous communications experience
- Previous missionary experience preferred
- Practicing Catholic who possess an in-depth knowledge of the Catholic faith, structures and
- Create engaging content for diocesan website including regular updates to the website
- Editing and maintain Diocese event calendar online
- Researching Diocesan events and activities, covering events and take photos/video including photos for the Catholic Compass
- Create a bi-weekly external e-newsletter of current diocesan events
- Manage and create engaging content for diocesan social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Manage Flickr account
- Develop dynamic advertising materials (posters, flyers, brochures and programs) for diocesan events
- Create compelling videos through film and photos including editing
- Post job and volunteer positions to the website
- Manage the events spreadsheet making sure it is up-to-date
- Cultivate internal relationships at the Pastoral Center by communicating news updates
- Assist with various tasks pertaining to the Catholic Compass
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends when required to cover Diocesan events, and manage multiple deadlines concurrently to meet deadlines
- Respond in a timely manner to phone requests and email for the Director of Communications
This is a sampling of duties. Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in photography/basic videography
- Proficiency in all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in web design
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to define problems, conduct research, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Must be flexible and able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another quickly without loss of efficiency or composure. Must be able to communicate effectively and speak publicly. Must be able to deal effectively with people from all socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. Must have a professional appearance and demeanor.
Inside environment, protected from weather, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Sit for prolonged periods of time; frequent walking and /or standing; able to lift, carry, push or pull 35 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of 20 lbs.
Director of Communications
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Communications